Bern: First Impression. Exploring central street

12:52

Bern is not an ordinary capital that is usually assosiated with crowds of people, quick pace of life and bursting life all day and all night. When I just arrived, I was told that everything closes at 7-8pm and nothing is open on Sundays. You can hardly meet many people on the streets ,which are just a few minutes of walk from the old town.

The central street is rather long and more or less crowdy with tourists. Once you walk there, you can spend hours contemplating each single building. That's also one of the entertainnment areas, since the street is full of different brend shops, cafes and restaurants, tourist stalls, street musicians and pantomimists.

What I like the most about the cities in Austria, Germany and Switzerland is certainly their architecture. I always have a feeling that I happened to get into a fairytale, especially when I see these gorgeous statues and my favourite cute Fachwerkhäuser.




Also, the first thing I've noticed in Bern is that the Swiss German is veeeery different from the one we usually study. I mean, you study German, then you come to Switzerland and you understand one word out of every 50 :) And then you start thinking about where you went wrong in your studying.... Anyway, hopefully, one year would be enough to make a progress and brush up on this language as well. 






The main street is full of details. Every shop is adorned in such a way as to attract people to come in. There are very few buses and trams coming back and forth and all this people-transport intermixed traffic is in complete harmony.

After enjoying the little walk and saying to myself "This is just too good to be true" I completed my amazing time with hugging two girls with the table "free hugs" and I must say that those hugs really have phantastic effect of raising your spirits!



You Might Also Like

0 коментарі