Gurten Hill

12:51

Once upon a weekend we decided to try out the nearest hill, which we observe from our window every day. There are two options on reaching a Gurten Hill: hiking and using a cablecar. Since we were tired to death during a week and wanted to relax, we decided upon....hiking. 
The view was, indeed, amazing even at the foot of the hill. We walked up a very good road, but it wouldn't be us if we didn't turn the wrong way and face the bike track. However, there are not many possibilities to get lost there even for people like me: with broken inner GPS in their heads.
Some places there reminded me of home so much. Cows with their noisy bells, goats and other domestic animals called back the memories from my childhood when I used to pay visits to my relatives in the village and play with animals there no matter whether they wanted to play with me or not :)

I wish we could have this sweet little goat in our office.


On the top of the Gurten we could overview the whole city and even found our balcony.


On the top of the hill there is also a tower which is the highest point of the city and which has a map etched on its steel banisters.
Once you are up, you won't be bored. Apart from the spectacular view, you can find cafes, playground and other entertainments here.

We never regretted the decision of hiking, though, it took us more than an hour and a half to get to the top. The cablecar is faster and costs 6 CHF, but it doesn't give you possibility to dive into forest atmosphere.
Gurten is as well the best place to see the firework show on the Swiss National Day, which is celebrated on the 1st of August. Honestly speaking, the fireworks there were the most impressive ones I've seen in my life.

You Might Also Like

0 коментарі