Unexpected discovery: Solothurn

22:36

Everybody has a little very random dream that always pops up in the head in the form of your inner voice that tells you" Yeah, it would be so cool to make it" or " One day I will probably do it"
I'm no exception. Passing by SBB train station every single day, I always had this little naughty thought to get on the first best train and get to the final station without even knowing what was that place. Finally "dream came true" and my destiny took me to Solothurn , which is situated around 30 minutes from Bern.
Solthurn-sights , solothurn-sightseeing
It was more than easy to do sightseeing in this place, since old town was separated from the train station only by river and as soon as I crossed the bridge I found myself  on the square of the main church, which was the most impressive sight to see.
St.-Ursus-Cathedral
Central narrow streets, tangling from all sides, were bursting with colours, and architecture was far beyond expectations that in my case were not set at all.
Solothurn-old-town
The clock tower was indeed interesting. I remembered about the one in Prague, and though this one was not that big, of course, it was worth checking out.
Solothurn-clocktower , sightseeing ,
Christmas attributes all over the buildings added festive mood and extra coziness to the walk.
Such gates surrounded the whole old town of Solothurn, embracing it into the circle and separating from the rest of the town, where a vast contract in architecture was to be seen.
Solothurn-Gate , Basel-Gate
Maybe it was a gut feeling of a frequent traveller or pure luck that brought me here but I couldn't be more happy with my spontanious little trip.
sightseeing-in-solothurn


Song of the day:

You Might Also Like

0 коментарі