5 facts about visiting Brno

14:10

01.09.2013

After finishing my internship in my dear Lublin, I followed my travelling spirit and the next destination happened to be Brno. The farewell was quite "crying" and even then I understood that I already missed my internship family.
Main street in BrnoI bought my tickets at Eurobus and relaxed, knowing that I have some 16 hours of a ride. I was completely fine till 8pm, when suddenly everyone left the bus and the driver told me he wasn't going any further than Opole. Okeeey. I left the bus,too and saw a big crowd of people, who were standing on the station. I approached the lady who seemed to be the head of the station staff and she told me that we had a transfer to another bus, who wasn't going to arrive because there were only 4 travellers in my direction: 2 to Brno (including me) and 2 more to Vienna. To say that I was shocked was to say nothing. To find myself on the bus station of the city I never heard of before with my broken suitcase and no idea about the other bus in the evening was not what I had expected. 
However, I found my group of 3 more "lucky" guys. One of them was Ukrainian, too, so she told me what was going to happen next. After some half an hour we were "added" to the bus heading to Germany, which brought us to another station - Katowice. That was already 11 pm. After big comfortable bus we had a mini-one and rather chilly. Sleepy and cold I found myself on the station of Brno at 4am and the "best" thing was that everything opened only at 5 am, so I had to stand there for another half an hour to find a taxi.

BrnoCathedral in BrnoEventually, I had opportunity to sleep and start hanging around the city. My hostel "Jacob" was the best I've ever been before. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were big, clean and airy. It was situated right behind the Jacob's Church. 

Fact №1. One can't get lost in Brno. Like, never. I have a brilliant map in my head when it comes to my hometown, but when I'm in some other city I'm constantly lost. Here I tried a few times, but whenever I went I always ended up with returning to a place I'd been before.

Fact №2. It has an unknown big black thing on the central square, which is supposed to be a piece of art, but in fact this alien UFO is  far from being such.

BrnoFact №3. It has a lot of tiny little streets, that branch from the main one, and one can see many interesting cafes, statues, churches there.

BrnoFact №4. Czechs are really fond of beer. My two dear friends took me to the local pub and I was just wondering if I take my Polish friends and my Czech friends : whose extra Beer-stomach would be bigger and who will win in drinking it?

Fact №5. They have a system of very comfortable buses that can take you to any point in Czech Republic.

So, after enjoying the city and meeting my 2 old friends I set off to Prague to reunite with my Spanish girl.
Brno Castle
A view from the castle




You Might Also Like

0 коментарі