World Dance Cup. Villach.

21:28

27.06.12
VillachVillach. Finally we got opportunity to see the city as it was. It is little and clean, the city centre is very alike to the one my Uzhgorod has – the same churches, central street and cafes. The prices, though, are higher than in Italy. Villach is a nice city of a provincial type, where everything is made for people. 
In addition I tried to listen to as much conversations of Austrians as possible in order to improve my understanding. German language seemed a very beautiful one to me , not as tough as everyone thought. Of course, if we take a vivid Russian or Ukrainian accent it won’t be that easy and pleasant as the native speakers' speech.




By that time I also firmly knew: my favourite supermarket was Billa. I mean, you can’t really find a tasty yogurt for 15 cents or a big package of cookies for 99 cents or a big bar of my favourite Milka for 2 Euros in Ukraine. 

In the evening our kids were performing. Their category was very strong. Two psychedelic performances deeply impressed me . But if I talk about the dance of our kids, then I must say that the choreography was fantastic, but it was too “adult” for them emotionally. They tried to express something , but it looked more like making faces. They couldn’t be blamed for that : one needed life experience and maturity for such performance, but where could they get it? I was pleasantly surprised : we were far from being weak, I’d say it was  opposite. The lack of the choreography was compensated by creative and strong theatrical performances.

28.06.2012
Ledenitzen
MorningThe sun was exposing itself from the Alps and casted the light on the little lake in our hostel, which was tempting us since we first saw it. The weather was marvelous, we were enjoying the local nature and sunbathing under the hot summer rays. This idyl lasted till the afternoon, when we got on the bus and set off to Villach. Our glory time came. I learned how to take on artificial eye lashes when I got fed up with standing in long queues for someone to make it for me and as a rule it went not as well as it was expected. So in case I don’t become an interpreter, I can be a good visagiste for sure:)
Luckily, we were the last in our category. And I was glad to see that we were standing out. We were called to the backstage, where two nice British stage women explained us where we should stand. So, we were on the stage. We did our best, I got one of those unexplainable feelings when you actually live the fusion of so many emotions simultaneously. After our performance we seemed to receive the longest and loudest applause out of the whole category. Our choreography couldn’t be forgotten or overlooked. Some of the jury were genuinely surprised when they saw what country had such dance.
The Night. Time for rewards. We won the third place. Can that be true? We had the impression that even the jury were surprised. We were beaten just by Italy and the UK. 
But we were happy. 
Our little trip was surely worth it!
Summary: Budapest, Udine, Ledenitzen, Graz, Villach visited, 3d place won, unforgettable impression gained!


World Dance Cup in Villach


World Dance Cup in Villach


World Dance Cup in Villach

And, of course, the song of my trip:

You Might Also Like

0 коментарі